Saturday, August 4, 2012

Test Your Brain & Sherlock Holmes: A Study In Pink

1) Describe several eureka moments that you have experienced throughout watching the documentary.

  • When I am watching the documentary ' Test Your Brain', there are some eureka moment that I have found. In the beginning of this documentary, I have to choose one out of the 6 cards for 5 seconds and memorized the card that I choose. Then a poker chip appear in front of the cards and the one card that I choose is missing. It might be a magic and that is my assumption. Actually, the 6 cards behind the poker chip is changed with 5 cards. It is happen when I did pay attention at poker chip not at the cards behind the poker chip. I shocked and it is eureka moment. 
  • For the first game, Apollo show 5 bucks of money and count it in front the audience. The money is change from front to behind and the camera is focus on it. Actually, before the money is changed, Apollo is wearing black hat and around him are another things. Then after the money is at the behind, Apollo were changed wearing brown hat, new handkerchief and the things around him is changed also. It happens when I only pay attention at the money not others. Brain only allows to focus one thing at one time. 
  • For the second game, the things are changed for 5 times and I can spot it. for the second pictures, a second of black was put between the picture and I can't spot the number of changed that I see. Actually, there were 7 number of changes of the picture. when the black frame is take out, I can easily spot the 7 changes of that picture. It is harder to spot the actual number of changes when the black frame were appeared and I can't focus on it. 
  • For the third game, the receptionist at a counter is waiting for volunteer to come at that counter. when the volunteer is coming, the receptionist gives him a form. Then he took a pen under the counter and the first receptionist is changed with second receptionist and the volunteer did not realize it. I feel shocked and I also did not notice it for the first time I watch this documentary. Our brain can focus one thing for one time. It is the principle.
2) Do you think Sherlock is an emphatic character?Why?

  • I think Sherlock is an emphatic character because at the first time he met with John Watson, Sherlock ask John Afghanistan or Iraq and John were surprised. He already know John was a soldier because of his haircut, his face is tanned but no tans above the wrist, he have been abroad and not sunbathing, his limps bad when he walk but he don't ask for a chair when he stand like he's forgotten about it, so it at least partly psychosomatic. That says the original circumstances of the injury were traumatic. Wounded in action, Afghanistan or Iraq. 
  • Sherlock know the taxi driver live in his own. There is a photograph of children in his taxi. The children's mother been cut off. If she's died, for sure her photo still there and no have been cut off. The photograph's old but the frame is still new. He think of his children but he don't get to see them. It's show he is estranged father because his wife took all of his children. He still love them and it is so hurt. 
  • Sherlock checked the pink lady. He found the lady was a left handed because she scratch the floor, write her name by her left hand's nail.  Her bracelet, earrings and necklace was clean but her rings looks dirty from outside. It show she is married more than 10 years and have a broken family. She is professional person by her clothes,  


3 comments:

  1. I agreed that sherlock is an emphatic person because if he was not, he won't be able to solve the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your point, but i think you need to put some picture in your blog aqilah ;) to make it more interesting. tq.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes,I agree with that. If he is not emphatic person, no crime case will be solve and this will make criminals happy...

    ReplyDelete